What is transcoding?
Transcoding is a process that adapts an existing video stream by decoding stream content, modifying it to better suit one or more target audiences, then finally re-encoding it. Encoded Media’s transcoder connects to your LAN, ingests local streams and converts them to formats defined by the network administrator.
Our UHD Transcoders can also be stacked to increase transcoding capacity.
- Change bandwidth. Reduce high bitrate UHD streams into lower bitrate streams to reduce network usage
- Change rotation. Turn landscape videos into portrait for vertical signage applications
- Change format. Convert streams into different codecs and protocols to make streams compatible with the widest possible range of playback devices
- Watermarking. Brand your content with logos and any other corporate imagery
- Subtitles. Overlay embedded subtitles on videos
- Picture in Picture (PiP). Combine multiple live streams into a single stream
- Relay. Import streams from remote locations and rebroadcast them locally to conserve your WAN bandwidth
- Mobile. Supports up to 1,000 clients over HLS
- WAN delivery. Simultaneously deliver high bandwidth content to local screens along with network efficient, low bandwidth versions to remote offices
- Mobile playback. Adapt high resolution, high bandwidth live streams into a mobile friendly format
- Signage and foyers. Rotate live video streams to fit portrait displays such as airport information screens
- Legacy equipment. Convert your content to suit legacy playback devices that are unable to support advanced modern codecs
- IP Cameras. Take existing streams from IP cameras and deliver them a format appropriate to your IPTV system
MPEG-2 Transport Stream, RTSP, UDP, IP multicast, IP dynamic/static unicast, IGMP, HLS, SAP
100~240 V, 50/60 Hz, IEC C14 inlet, 220W, 750BTU/hr
MP2, MP4 and WMV 0.1-25 Mbps, 120p – 4K30, 16:9/4:3
DHCP or static IP address, 2x 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
1U 482mm x 290mm x 45mm (excluding connectors), weight 5.0 kg
HTTP, SSH, Telnet, EMControl
4°C to 40°C